Thursday, April 26, 2012

Strawberries and Cream

Local strawberries have been rocking recently. I've had an abundance of chocolate dipped strawberries, but was feeling something a little creamier for dessert tonight. I stumbled across the best cream filling recipe ever. Of course, I used it for dipping, as it requires less effort than using it as filling.

Strawberries and Cream

Excited for the recipe? Keep reading...

What you'll need:

1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Blend mascarpone cheese with heavy whipping cream until it begins to stiffen slightly, forming soft peaks. At this time, add sugar and vanilla; continue whipping until stiff peaks form.

Voila!

Freshly whipped creamy goodness (half a batch)

This makes a fairly small portion, I would probably double or 1.5x it next time. This was the perfect amount for my husband and I to split, but that's about it.

I used this as a dip because it was easier. You could also stuff the strawberries with it, using it as a filling.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment