Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Beauty Tip: Eye Makeup Remover

I always love finding a new purpose for common products!



One product I had a horrible time finding an agreeable brand was eye makeup remover. From cheap, Target makeup isle to expensive, hard to find, there was not one brand I could consistently use on my sensitive skin without swelling, itching, a rash, peeling, redness... You name it. Luckily a solution presented itself in response to an unexpected medical issue.


A while back I had a weird eye-skin issue. I know it has a condition-type name, but I can't recall what that name is. Essentially, I was over hydrating my eyes with moisturizers, etc. and it was having the opposite affect: it was causing the skin to flake or peel like I had really dry skin. The doctor recommended Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo as treatment. The shampoo is great at removing makeup and excess oils, while not slathering on extra moisturizers.

I continue to use the Baby Shampoo on a daily basis; it's tear-free, super cheap, and one regular size bottle lasts forever! I pour some off into a Target travel bottle (from the travel isle) to make it easier to use on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment